Sunday 10 August 2014

...By Pain of Death

Greetings and felicitations

I'm not going to lie, this blog is going to be a bit morbid. if you're in a really great mood, please switch over now and reconvene later as I don't want to spoil anyone's day.

I'm relatively young in the grand scheme of things (I'm 26) and I have already suffered the pain of losing a parent, grandparents (although I still have my grandmother on my paternal side and she is still going at the ripe old age of 91), parents of friends, a cousin, a sibling and most recently, a dear friend.

I'm quite an emotional person, and I find it really hard to lose someone, I have cried and prayed for all of the aforementioned people, and I think it is all for the same reason. They are no longer here to marvel at the world and what it has to offer. They live on in our memories, but now they are the past.

They won't hear any new music, they can no longer gain more knowledge, they won't feel a warm embrace of someone they love, some of them won't get married and have children, some won't see their children grow up, get married and have children of their own. Some won't travel to any new places, make any more of their dreams come true or simply be able to hang out with friends and create memories.

Speaking of memories, I am so glad that I created great memories with all of the people I have lost, and I think if I died tomorrow that the people I know and love would be able to recount some great and heart warming stories, and for this I am grateful.

Recently I have been trying to find what I believe in faith-wise. I relate to Christianity and I believe more than I don't, that there is a God, and I know people come up with the 'If there is a God why do these people leave in the first place?' and I can't answer that. But if being with God means that they won't be suffering any more then I am happy with that. Many of the people I have lost were really ill or in a lot of pain in their last few months and it is not fair to want to keep someone on Earth who is suffering so much. This blog however is not being written to centre on religion, that is a blog for another day.



I think what I am trying to say in a succinct kind of manner is: make good memories. Make time for people, tell them how you feel about them - and never leave on a bad word. If either one of you didn't wake up tomorrow, whoever is still on this mortal coil will only remember and regret that last argument; and not be able to enjoy the plethora of good times that you shared. Love each other as much as you can, and try to help each other out. 

To all of those people that we have lost, near or far, no matter what relation they were to us, may they rest in peace; with no pain, no suffering and may they be forever in our hearts.

This blog is dedicated to my friend who passed away in his mother's arms after a long battle with Cystic Fibrosis.

Daniel (Peg) O'Connor 16/12/1987 - 09/08/2014 Gone but not forgotten.




2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this blog just as much as the others Leanne, and it wasn't morbid it is telling it as it is, death is always all around us and always will be, but so is life. Like you say, while we are here we should enjoy each other's company as much as we can, because nobody knows what will happen next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not morbid at all. If anything, you have talked about and reminded people of some of the little joys in life which people can very often forget when a dark cloud is over them. And yes, to stop taking people for granted in life as life is cruel and takes more than it gives.

    ReplyDelete